- 1 green apple, chopped into small pieces
- 1 pear, chopped into small pieces
- 1 orange, pealed, sliced into small pieces
- 1 lemon, pealed, sliced into small pieces
- 4 cups red grapes
- 2 apples
- 1 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1/4 cup elderberry syrup
- 4 cups sparkling water
- Chop the apple, pear, orange and lemon.
- Add all the fruit to a large pitcher then muddle with a muddler or wooden spoon. "Muddle" is just a fancy word for gently mashing the fruit to release their juice. You don't want to smash them beyond recognition yet you do want the flavors to properly mix together.
- Juice the grapes and apples in your juicer. If you want it effervescent, add the juice and sparkling water as well as the elderberry syrup to the pitcher, then muddle again to mix the fruit with the liquids.
- If you want this to be served cold, refrigerate until serving. Add ice to the glasses then pour the sangria over the ice.
For a faster mocktail, look for unsweetened apple and/or grape juice at the store instead of juicing your own.
Elderberry syrup is a great immune support thanks to its antioxidants and when paired with grapes, which are a great source of vitamin C, this is a perfect “sangria” to drink during cold and flu season.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.