- 2 cups fresh or frozen raspberries (thawed and juiced)
- 1 apple
- 2 cups coconut sugar
- 2 cups apple cider vinegar
- 8 ounces seltzer, kombucha*, or sparkling apple cider
- Juice fresh or thawed raspberries and apple, and then combine the juice with sugar in a bowl.
- Cover and set the raspberry syrup in the refrigerator for about two days.
- In a fresh jar, add the vinegar to the raspberry syrup. Top with a lid to save in the fridge for 3 months.
- Pour your choice of liquid into a glass with ice, add a few tablespoons of the shrub, to taste, to the glass and stir.
- Garnish with a sprig of rosemary or thyme.
Look for homemade shrubs at your local farmers’ market, liquor store or online if you don’t have time to make your own.
Raspberries are naturally low in sugar and high in vitamin C and antioxidants.
* Kombucha contains a small amount of caffeine and alcohol and is not appropriate for those who are sensitive or looking to avoid altogether.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.