Beet roots provide the base and the gorgeous color of this juice. They also bring along many health benefits like the cleansing effect they are said to have on the liver, kidneys and gallbladder. Beets are a natural source for the phytonutrients called betalains which are known for their anti-inflammatory and antioxidant power. Betalains are heat sensitive so juicing is a great way to make sure you are getting them in their most potent form. We could only find the beet roots this time, but in the fall it is easy to find them with their healthy leaves still attached which are really good juiced and extremely nutritious.
- 2 large beets
- 1/2 inch piece of ginger
- 1 lemon, peeled
- 1 lime, peeled
- 1 green apple, cored and chopped
- 10 to 15 mint leaves
- 1 cucumber
- Sparkling mineral water
- Wash all ingredients and chop as needed
- Juice in order given using juice strainer
- Juice in order given
- Pour in a cup over ice till ⅔ full and then top with sparkling mineral water.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.