Q. What are the differences between juicing and blending?
A juicer separates pulp from the juice.
- A juicer spins or squeezes your juice out of the produce removing the pulp.
- The pulp is separated from the juice.
- Prep for juicing is easy – just wash your produce and put it in whole through your juicer.
A blender combines juice and pulp.
- A blender pulverizes the ingredients, typically with sharp blades cutting and mixing ingredients around 30,000 RPM.
- The pulp stays in the smoothie and makes it thicker.
- Smoothie ingredients can sometimes require more prep – some blenders work better if you peel and chop your produce.
Learn more about juicing vs. blending here.