A “wellness shot” is a condensed version of a fresh pressed juice that provides a quick burst of important nutrients. Both ginger and turmeric have natural anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties while lemon provides vitamin C. The black pepper is added to help your body optimally absorb the turmeric.
- 1 lemon
- 6 large carrots
- 1-inch piece fresh turmeric*
- 2-inch piece fresh ginger
- Dash of black pepper
- Wash all produce well.
- Add lemon, carrots, turmeric, and ginger to the juicer, then pour juice into shot glasses or small glassware and sprinkle black pepper on top of your shot. Enjoy!
Makes: Four 2-ounce shots
Tips: Feeling more adventurous? Add a clove of garlic to your juice shot. Want a regular juice instead? Add 2 apples or 2 oranges to make a 16-ounce juice.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.